This blog was originally posted at "Better Sleep Better Life" : https://www.better-sleep-better-life.com/
Better Sleep = Better Life
How to Conquer Sleep Issues & Feel More Energized
Welcome to this guide about achieving better sleep for a better life. The information and resources throughout the site will be beneficial to you, if any of the following scenarios strike a familiar chord.
- You're reading this through a murky haze of tiredness, trawling the internet at 4 a.m. because you can't sleep again!
- Most mornings find you as exhausted as you were when your head hit the pillow the night before.
- You regularly feel moody, irritable, clumsy, or just downright depressed because you can't get a decent night's sleep.
- You snore, sleep walk, suffer from restless legs syndrome, have nightmares - or simply don't sleep well for whatever reason.
It may help to know that you're not alone in your quest for better sleep. Research studies a demonstrate that approximately 25% of people suffer from some form of sleep disorder. Yet, sleep deprivation can impose detrimental effects on individuals and the people around them.
Lack of quality, sufficient sleep on a regular basis can negatively impact your physical health, emotional well-being, and safety.
Inadequate sleep can put you at greater risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes and other serious illnesses.
Therefore, the importance of getting a good night's sleep should never be taken for granted.
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke reports that the amount of sleep each person needs varies with age. Babies typically need about 16 hours a day and teens should get around 9 hours of sleep each night. Most adults require 7 to 8 hours a night, although some people may need as few as 5 hours or as many as 10 hours of sleep each day.
When you get quality sleep on a regular basis, you'll...
- Wake up easily when the alarm goes off, without feeling as though you need another 12 hours shut-eye
- Have quicker reflexes, clearer thought processes and a spring in your step and energy and enthusiasm to spare
- Feel cheerful and upbeat instead of grumpy, irritable or depressed
- Reduce your risk for serious illnesses and accidents
All of the above are attainable goals when you're able to sleep better every night. So, please take the time to peruse this site to learn more about good sleep habits and addressing sleep disorders for enhanced health and vitality.